Have your friends join our retiree army
ProtectSeniors.Org continues at the forefront of the fight to protect millions of retired and older working Americans from corporate tactics that threaten to reduce or eliminate our hard earned pensions and healthcare benefits.
All too often, we have seen retirees beaten down by corporations which have “de-risked” the pensions of more than one million retirees across the nation since 2009.
Our group has been leading the charge to pass federal legislation to strengthen ERISA and make it more difficult for companies to reduce or eliminate the pension and earned healthcare benefits guaranteed to retirees in our working years.
The growing and alarming trend of pension de-risking also has us working in numerous state capitals to enact state laws that will add critical protections for pensions that have been or will soon be de-risked. This advocacy is critically important in helping make sure you don’t fall victim to this trend and find yourself with little or no retirement benefits. We need your help!
Reach out today to former colleagues and friends and encourage them to become contributing members of ProtectSeniors.Org. If you belong to a retiree, social, or fraternal group, we ask that you share our newsletters and social media channels with them so they can become members too.
We need to join together before we all lose our earned protections to pension de-risking and other schemes intended to reduce or eliminate our benefits and leave us out in the cold.
ProtectSeniors.Org has members from many different companies, various labor unions, municipal, state and federal retiree groups, and 16 retiree associations. We simply can’t mobilize and make our voices heard unless more of you become active in this fight together with us.
Our impact is being felt by:
- Drafting the federal Employee Benefits Protection Act (HR1856) and testified before Congress to protect retirees’ earned health benefits from being cut or eliminated post-retirement;
- Achieved new law in Connecticut to protect retirees from creditor claims and is now advancing similar legal reforms in other states;
- Together with the National Conference of Insurance Legislators, created “best practices” for all 50 state legislatures to regulate pension de-risking and add protections;
- Successfully advocated for seven state insurance guaranty associations (Alaska, Arizona, Indiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, and Nevada) to raise their lifetime protection caps from just $100,000 to $250,000 to better protect retirees whose pensions are converted to annuities;
- Successfully advocated for U.S. Department of Labor rules to strengthen fiduciary and conflict of interest requirements for financial managers overseeing retirement assets; and
- Spearheaded two-year effort with the federal Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation to warn of the growing risks of rapid pension de-risking and the loss of ERISA protections.
Please refer a friend to become a member. Make sure you have made your dues contribution in 2016. We can’t do it without you, your friends and your former colleagues.
Call us at 800-398-3044 or join us by visiting us online at https://protectseniors.org/join-us/