Articles of Interest
Check back frequently for updated articles of interest to ProtectSeniors.Org.
- "Living Close to the Edge: Financial Challenges and Tradeoffs for People on Medicare" Kaiser Family Foundation, June 2011
- ProtectSeniors.Org Response to Starkey Letter to the Editor, October 29, 2010
- Letter to the Editor by Jerome Starkey, The Villages Daily Sun, October 24, 2010
- Read a ProtectSeniors.Org member's perspective on Bingo vs. Healthcare
- Find information on the new Early Retiree Reinsurace Program created by the health care reform law including a fact sheet on the program.
- Summary of Health Care Reform Law and Implementation Timeline Kaiser Family Foundation, June 18, 2010
- Windstream Sues Retirees For Objecting to Health Care Cuts Communication Workers of America, April 8, 2010
- Reuters article explains that Americans spend twice as much as residents of developed countries on health care, but get lower quality, less efficiency, and have a less equitable system, according to a report by the Commonwealth Fund.
- ProtectSeniors.Org Member Jack Cohen Writes White Paper Describing How Current Health Care Reform Debate is Making Retirees Outcasts
- Employer Committment to Workers' Retirement Plans Has Declined Over Last Decade Watson Wyatt, October 21, 2009
- Judge Rules in Favor of Deere in Retirees Benefits Case Telegraph Herald (Dubuque, IA), October 16, 2009
- Seniors Suffering Center for American Progress, September 30, 2009
- Committed Citizens Can Change the World Asclepios, published by The Medicare Rights Center, September 3, 2009
- Firefighters Become Medics to the Poor The New York Times, September 3, 2009
- Don't Get Sick! A Primer on Canada's Health Care System Truthout, August 27, 2009
- How Will the Proposed Overhaul Impact Seniors? The Washington Post, August 12, 2009
- H.R. 3200 Myths vs. Facts Rep. John Hall (D-NY)